Sunday, October 28, 2012

WWF Attitude - PS1 Game

I was browsing through random Youtube videos this morning when I came across a related video for "WWF Attitude", the PS1/N64 game that was released back in 1999 (13 years ago already? Oh man!).

Back in 1999, I was 12 years old and I was a huge wrestling fan! Every single time a WWF-related TV show was on, I'd tune in to watch the likes of Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock and Triple H. At the time, I was rocking the PlayStation 1 (aka PSX), so this game; "WWF Attitude", was obviously one of my favorite games!

Cover Image

I loved this game and I even remember "faking a sickie" so that I could stay at home and play it! Some of things I loved about it:

  • When you hit somebody with a steel chair, it looked as if they actually felt it. Sometimes, after a severe beating, your opposition would just lie there for about 3 or 4 minutes. I missed that when the newer WWF games came out. In those games, the matches felt "toyish" and wrestler would get up 3 seconds after you planted a chair on the back of their head.
  • Blood. Yep. If you beat somebody bad enough, they would bleed! In some of the games that followed it, blood became far less common.

Anyway, here's a play-through / "lets play" video from Youtube:



Here's a video of the Royal Rumble game mode, which allowed 4 players at a time:



Share This!

No comments:

Post a Comment